What are Consequences of Irregular Periods?
Women aren’t very much excited about their mensuration, but they can’t even stay relaxed when their mensuration cycle gets disturbed. They know the importance of this bleeding that’s why they never ignore it. But, what happens when it doesn’t appear for a long time or it comes up when least expected. What’s going on when you have irregular periods or it suddenly stops? Let’s start by understanding the mechanics of the menstrual cycle.
During the mensuration, the eggs mature within the ovaries in a cycle that typically lasts 28 days. On the fifth day of the period, about twenty eggs start to mature in the follicles of the ovaries and these follicles are like a tiny fluid-filled sac. When the day fourteen approaches, one follicle has generally matured earlier than the others and releases its mature egg to be fertilized, on the other hand, the other follicles shrivel up and are reabsorbed by the body. But the mature follicle transforms into "corpus luteum,", which is responsible for producing the hormone progesterone to prepare the uterus to receive the fertilized egg.
If the egg is not fertilized, then it disintegrates and dies. Likewise, the corpus luteum withers. It causes the uterus to shed its lining and the endometrium causes the bleeding of menstruation.
Having irregular periods is very common and doctors find many cases during their practice time. The cause of irregular periods during the teenage can be because of the fluctuation of body's hormones, once the hormones find a balance then only the girl can assume to have the regular period, else she may have an irregular period, but it is common and girls must not worried about it.
But, for a married lady not having a period for at least one or two months can be the sign of pregnancy. So, remember the cause of your period not to arrive is a pregnancy. So, check to make sure it’s not actually a baby on the way.
Some most common causes of irregular periods are as follows:
- Eating disorders, like anorexia and bulimia
- Excessive weight gain or weight loss; extreme thinness and obesity both cause your menstrual cycle to become irregular or even to disappear
- Stress or emotional problems
- Hormonal problems, for example, when the thyroid malfunctions
- Lots of Travel
- Over-exercising: If you're an athlete and train very hard, you may stop menstruating because your body wants to survive and save energy and menstruation requires energy
- Problems with the pelvic organs (such as polycystic ovarian syndrome, for example)
- Drugs like birth-control pills can affect the frequency and/or intensity of menstruation
Consequences of Irregular Mensuration Cycle are:
The major consequence of irregular period is an increase in the chance of infertility and it may cause because of following reasons:
- PCOS:- Widely recognized as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a condition when a lady develops multiple cysts in their ovaries. It may happen due to hormonal imbalance in the lady’s body resulting in complications in the menstrual cycle. PCOS does become an issue for pregnancy. In this condition, the reproductive system is not able to attain an optimum ovulation that is required during the intercourse for pregnancy. It is suggested for women to get pregnant get a test done to check if they are affected by Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or not. If yes, then it is important to start its treatment.
- Uterine Fibroids:- Other than the irregular periods, women at times also faces a lot of problem due to tremendously heavy bleeding or having a lengthier than usual periods. If you are one of the ladies whose period lasts for a week or more, then there are uterine fibroids in your body. The growths in fibroids in the uterus can generate problems for the reproductive system. Though, it is not risky for women but altering the contour of the organs around them resulting in infertility.
- Obstructed fallopian tubes:- It is possible for a lady to have blocked or obstructed fallopian tubes and do not experience any anomalies in their menstrual cycle. It is very rare, but in this case, also women might face irregular periods. Obstructed fallopian tubes should be treated with lots of care and must be taken care of as soon as possible to facilitate conception.
Women who are facing the problem of irregular periods or Heavy Bleeding or Menstrual Disorder must consult to the Best gynecologist in Gurgaon. They have great experience to resolve your problem and help you in conceiving the baby. Earliest treatment is the best way to get rid of such disorders or problems and make life happier.