Stretch Mark Removal Treatment
Our skin is divided into three layers including epidermis or outer layer, dermis or middle layer and subcutaneous stratum or deepest layer. Stretch marks generally occur into the middle layer i.e. dermis. The elastic resilient middle layer allows the skin to retain its shape. When the stretch marks are formed on the skin surface then they are easier to treat whereas if they occur on the dermis then they are constantly stretched over the time and the skin becomes less elastic and the existing connective fibers break.
The color of the stretch marks is in different colors depending upon the natural skin color of the person. Sometimes it is pink, reddish brown or dark brown striations and gradually it turns into brighter violet or purple. When the stretch marks have been a great time, then the bright marks eventually becomes fade and lighter in color than the natural skin tone. And with over time it becomes less noticeable.
Stretch marks don’t have a specific area to appear. It can appear anywhere on the body of the skin. In most of the cases, it occurs wherever the fat is stored like the upper arms, thighs, abdomen, breasts, and buttocks. Stretch marks don’t have any health risk, it just appears bad. It is purely a cosmetic problem and people can treat it by consulting the experienced doctor.
With the advanced technology and better medical innovations, doctors have emerged with a great solution for this problem i.e. laser stretch marks removal.
CAUSES OF STRECH MARKS
Both men and women face the problem of stretch marks majorly on the body parts of thighs, arms, hips, abdominal area, buttocks, lower back, etc. It happens due to many reasons. There are several causes of stretch marks such as follows:
- Genetics: In most of the cases, women are more likely to get the belly stretch when their mother had stretch marks during their pregnancy. Though it is not transferable, if the weight gain and loss occurs on a frequent basis then it results in the stretch marks.
- Puberty: During the growing age when puberty occurs, then it often results in stretch marks.
- Bodybuilding: The excessive development of muscle mass can also turn into stretch marks and it can go beyond its limits.
- Dark Complexion: People with darker complexion are less likely to have the stretch marks
LASER STRETCH MARKS REMOVAL:
The laser treatment referred by a doctor doesn’t remove stretch marks, but it simply makes the marks fade. The laser responds to dark colors only in the early stages. When the stretch marks are dark in red or brown color the laser treatment will be more effective. The faded, flesh-colored marks are rare to detect and probably not respond to laser treatment. The doctors use different types of lasers depending upon the type of stretch marks and its color. Apart from the laser removal treatment, the newest type of laser therapy is used to stimulate the production of collagen and help to restore the skin's elasticity in depressed stretch marks.
RISK FACTORS OF STRETCH MARKS
Any laser stretch mark removal is not complete without the risk because the laser can ablate the skin. There are chances of mishandling the laser which can eventually cause superficial tissue damage. Therefore, it becomes important for the patient to choose the right doctor for the laser treatment. One must be aware that the entrenched stretch marks may not be easily removed by the laser treatment, as it is risky. There are diverse risk factors for negative reactions to the treatment, but these complications are temporary and not life-threatening.
BENEFITS OF STRETCH MARK TREATMENT
- The treatment is non-invasive and has no recovery time. One can resume the normal routine immediately after the treatment
- Visible improvement can be seen just after 30 minutes of the treatment
- After treatment, the ugliness will go away and it gives a self-confidence and better appearance
- It is a comfortable treatment session
- Minimal side effects of the treatment
People must be very careful while choosing the right doctor and clinic for laser stretch mark removal treatment. So, consult a better doctor in Gurgaon i.e. Dr. Garima Sawhney and easily get done with the treatment.